Lot of things have changed since the brand new version of Beautiful Widgets. And we are continuously working to improve your application.
This update brings new features and improvements. Among those new features, we are proud to announce that you’ll be able to choose another weather provider. You willl have now the option to choose between AccuWeatherand Weather Underground. This way, you’ll be able to use the provider that suits you better.
Lots of users ask us to add an option to get rid of the geolocation. This is now possible to use only the manual location you have entered on your Saved List Location.
Another nice feature we add is Lifestyles on the Forecast Screen. This feature, available when using the AccuWeather service provider, shows you different ratings that can help you to plan outdoor activities (Jogging, barbecue, fishing, etc…).
New widgets are also available on this update. Let’s focus on the Barebone widget (6×1 or 6×2). These ones are designed for tablets. Three forecast icons are coming in addition to the weather icon.
We also add an option for all users who want to join our Beta Channel. When we’ll launch beta period, it will be very simple for you to change your version and test all the new functionnalities we want to add in our Application. A simple way to help us keeping the application on the top.
Here’s the full Changelog for this update
- New weather provider WeatherUnderground
- New Forecast Fragment Lifestyles
- New widgets for tablets
- New beta channel
- New layouts for WeatherWidgets 4×1
- The geolocation can be removed
- Add a setting to disable the weather animations
- Hide Home Fragment, and put Tutorial when there is no widgets
- Add clear app shortcut
- Unlock Animation Stop without fade
- Add a 4×1 layout to match the old home 4×1
- New date formats
- New translations
- Physical menu button opens the Sliding menu in the Forecast Screen
- Physical search button open the search in Location and Theme Store
- FileLogger rewritten
- Add compression on weather provider requests
- Swipe to dismiss improvements
- Fix blue temperature text on blue sky
- First image doesn’t load in ThemeStore
- Wording correction
- FileLogger issue when no SD
- Support theme without good NinePatch
- Daydream animation issues
- Battery percent launch the forecast screen
- The layout of Clock 4×4 is bad for a layout upper than 5×5
- Snow in mm instead of cm
- Weather 1×1 layout issue when temp < -10°
- Daydream data doesn’t update
- The days are bad shorten on Weather widget
- Toggle silence and Timed Silence not working as previous
- Display issue with double digits negative temp
- Inverted temperatures are not working well
- Import external themes show a “theme not found”
- Widget 4×1, Home Legacy layout don’t apply
- 4×1 Inverted Layout, at least for tablets
- TextClock widget, minutes not clickable when shortcut to settings not activated
- Graphical bug after sort in themeStore
- Today widget no longer opens the calendar
- Fix livewallpaper background color
- Fix few crashes
- And more…
24 thoughts on “Beautiful Widgets goes 5.1”
Comments are closed.